GIRLS WHO ARE BOYS, WHO LIKE BOYS TO BE GIRLS...ALWAYS SHOULD BE SOMEONE YOU REALLY LOVE

Posted by jaymeetee on 12:23

Streets like a jungle, so call the police...sang Damon Albarn in 1994 in a song that points the finger to the increasingly blurred (excuse the pun) lines of sexuality of a new generation. With me starting to research Metrosexuality more for this blog it appeared to me that it’s really a move towards homosexuality in terms of the stereotypical perception. I’ve had a few comments about my blog (mostly complimentary) but a few comments have said how it seems very ‘gay’. Well for the record I’m heterosexual and very much attracted to women! But this got me thinking that in a way metrosexuality is a blurring of the lines of the perceived stereotypes that men fall into...and not just men.

With the recent rise in popularity of the tabloid favourite ‘Lipstick Lesbian’ such celebs as Lindsay Lohan, Katy Perry, Madonna and Britney and going back a bit Tatu are now blurring their lines of sexual identity. It seems that as we move into the future the old fashioned Hetero & Homo prefixes are slowly being left in the past.





There is a line I remember from Mark Renton in Irvine Welsh’s ‘Trainspotting’ he’s in a nightclub when he says...”Diane was right. The world is changing, music is changin, drugs are changing, even men and women are changing. One thousand years from now there'll be no guys and no girls, just wankers. Sounds great to me” Is this actually where we are heading? Or was Mark Renton just off his head on smack?!

1 comments:

Comment by Anonymous on 21 February 2009 at 12:18

Jaymeetee - I posted a link to here from my blog for you - my post is about Metrosexuals if you'd care to have a read!!! (and comment! Thank me for the nod if you like ;-) )
http://blogs.sundaymercury.net/diva-diaries/2009/02/are-you-metrosexual-1.html#more

 

Post a Comment