Ultimate gadget pointing the way forward

Posted by jaymeetee on 14:20


So I'm reading today the latest in gadget technology and I stumble upon surely the ultimate in 'handy' peripherals. Jerry Jalava is a Finnish software developer who lost part of his finger in a motorcycle accident last July. So he's in with the surgeon discussing prosthetic fingers and his options and a lightbulb moment occurs. He's thinking c'mon I've lost part of my finger how can I turn this into a positive occurrence?

With his job in computing he thinks can I implant a USB key into the finger? The surgeon replies I don't see why not so they go about making him the ultimate in digit-al technology! This got me wondering what I'd have to replace a finger an mp3 player? Wii remote?

No I think the best replacement would be a prosthetic finger with a microphone and a thumb with a earpiece in, thus making a mobile phone in a kind of sign language way! Simply write the name in the sky of who you want to call and hey presto!
But what would happen if you used a USB key to replace other parts of the body that were unfortunately 'lost'? Well John Wayne Bobbit would bring a whole new meaning to the word Cybersex!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment